Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Neil deGrasse Tyson's Long Lost Sibling?

Some time I think I post arcane nonsense in this blog! This is going to be one such example! :) :)

I watched the Graham Norton Show several months ago when Michael Buble appeared. It actually was quite a funny show, and Michael Buble performed his hit single at that time "Haven't Met You Yet". It was an amazing performance (it certainly made me buy his CD). But what struck me as strange was that as I was watching that performance, the trumpet soloists looked like someone familiar. I thought that was strange because why would I find someone familiar who happened to be one of the musicians on the Graham Norton show!

It was only much later when it came to me on why that soloist looked familiar - he looked like the famous astrophysicist and the director of New York's Hayden Planetarium, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson!

Well, of course, it isn't him, unless he moonlights as a backup musician! :) Still, it resemblance is uncanny. You can judge this for yourself. Here is a video of that performance by Michael Buble on the Graham Norton Show:



Look at the trumpet soloist at time 2:25 and 2:33. Next, look at a picture/video of Neil deGrasse Tyson at this link. Now you tell me they don't look alike!

:)

Sometime, I have no idea why these things stick in my head.....

Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Astrophysics is Neil's dayjob, which he's stuck doing between gigs a-tootin' his horn.