Monday, January 26, 2009

Focus on Photoemission and Electronic Structure

I'm blogging this more for my own convenience of being able to find the link no matter where ever I'm at. But at the same time, this is also a very useful link to have if you are curious at all about photoemission spectroscopy, especially if you've been following my report on the "kink" that is observed in the ARPES spectra on high-Tc superconductors.

In any case, this was a series of review on photoemission that was part of the World Year of Physics in 2005. Photoemission was relevant because the photoelectric effect was one of the papers that Einstein produced in his miraculous year of 1905. This all the reviews were published in New Journal of Physics, which is an open journal, you should be able to access these articles for free (I think).

This supplements earlier reviews on photoemission spectroscopy that focused on high-Tc superconductors.

Enjoy!

Zz.

No comments: