Friday, March 09, 2007

Science Careers In Search of Women - Update

I mentioned earlier about my involvement with the Science Careers In Search Of Women Conference. It went smoothly yesterday. There were a total of more than 350 students, plus teachers, from the Chicago area that attended the conference.

At our particular facility, we had a total of 25 students and 3 teachers visiting our accelerator. They got to go into our bunker and saw a real research accelerator. I was bombarded with quite a number of very intelligent questions, both from the students and from the teachers. It was a lot of fun, and I hope, for the attendees as well.

I also gave them a few trinkets before they left, which is always a crowd favorite. This includes the latest version of the Particle Data chart (we are, after all, in the High Energy Physics Division). All in all, it was a brief, but a fun hour. Looking forward to doing this again next year.

Zz.

No comments: