Thursday, April 05, 2007

He's The Oldest Freshman on Campus - And He's a Physics Major!

This tells you that you are never too old to pursue your dreams. Brad Sugarman is 47, and he was a freshman at the University of Chicago, majoring in physics.

In September 2005, Brad was on his way to the University of Chicago to pursue a career in physics. He moved into a dorm with guys less than half his age and even became a proud member of Alpha Delta Phi.

"I wish I knew exactly why I waited so long to go to college," says Brad, now 48. "I had always planned to get a degree, but I just never focused on it. One day, I realized I had put it off for way too long and that it might never happen. I wanted it all -- the full college experience. That's when I made a commitment to turn things around."


So what is a typical day like in the life of the oldest undergrad physics major? Just like any other undergrad physics major!

All I can say is, YOU GO, BRAD!

Zz.

2 comments:

kerinfree21 said...

Hop happy and be snappy. Brad rules. Get out there and do your thing. The world is rooting for you. So, make your mark.

Unknown said...

I personally asked Mr. Sugarman about his achievements and he was kind enough to share it with me. He made concerted efforts. Go Brad Go!