Monday, January 18, 2010

Newton and the Apple

It appears that the Royal Society has released documents regarding the fabled counter between Newton and the apple. I didn't put that statement in a more definite form because I have not been able yet to get to the Royal Society webpage that contains the scanned document. Either their webpage has been overwhelmed by all the publicity, or they have a server that sucks.

In any case, the conclusion seems to be consistent with the one I reported earlier of an account by William Stukeley.

Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a link to a dealer in the UK that purported to have apple sapplings directly descended from a tree on Newton's farm at Wolsthorpe.

Unfortunately the link is now dead. Too bad; I would've enjoyed being inspired. :)