Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Meet Tyronne, the T-Rex

Hey everyone! Meet the newest member of my family. His name is Tyronne, and he is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I adopted him during the recent Donors Night at the Chicago's Field Museum. I have all the adoption papers and everything. He's a lovable guy, despite his bouts of temper where he will try to eat everything in front of him. Still, unlike newborn babies, this one came with clear instruction of his care and feeding:

Diet: Plenty of meat. Please keep away from small pets.
Habitat: The bigger the better. T.rex can grow as large as 40.5 feet long and 13 feet tall.

Exercise: Twice da day. Needs room to run.

Hygiene: Please brush teeth once a week. It has 58 of them and some can be as large as 6 inches.

One of his papers recommend that I take a photo of him when I bring him to interesting places. Of course, being an accelerator physicist, I had to take him a particle accelerator. So here's Tyronne admiring shinny accelerator beamline. I had to keep him in his cage all the time, for obvious reasons.

I think he wished he could hop on one of the accelerated beams and propelled himself to faster than the speed of light to travel back in time and back to the Upper Cretaceous period. Oh well, he has yet to fully settle in with me, I suppose.

Zz.

No comments: