Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intro to QM - "... For Those Who Dwell In The Macroscopic World"

I came across this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post it here.

This appears to be a lecture note/text for a QM class designed for engineers (i.e. the people who "dwell in the macroscopic world"). It covers the fundamental aspect of QM that one would see in the first few chapters of a QM text. A layperson will probably get 10% (or less) of what is being covered due to the level of mathematics required. But if you have sufficient mathematics background and haven't had a course in QM, this will be just right for you without having to weed through a thick QM text.

Zz.

1 comment:

Fidustek said...

Nice paper. I thank him for let me in :-) But for those who live, like me no so many time ago, in the macroscopic world I recomend Daniel T. Gillespie's Quantum Mechanics Primer.