Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Paris Hilton is Worried About Relativity

This is just way too ridiculous and hilarious not to be reported. In the November 7, 2008 issue of This Week, there is a report about Paris Hilton worrying about the effect of Relativity at work while on a commercial space-flight (I kid you not).

The hotel heiress is one of 157 people to have already paid a $200,000 deposit for a seat on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic commercial space-flight service, but this week confessed to being "very scared" that if the spaceship flies too fast, its passengers will experience relativity's predicted distortion in the passage of time. "With the whole light-years' thing, what if I come back 10,000 years later and everyone I now is dead?" said Hilton. "I'll be like, 'Great. Now I have to start all over'".


{falls of chair laughing}

I mean, c'mon! This is funny stuff! You can't make this up!

Zz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading the news story several times through, I don't think it sounds as if she really believed that she was at any risk, but rather that she was looking for something suitably over-the-top to say.

In which case I think that she might have slightly more of a sense of humour than some of the readers of this story.