Thursday, July 26, 2012

Someone At Wok 'N Fire Knows Quantum Mechanics?

So there's a chain of restaurant in the Chicagoland area called Wok 'N Fire. It's a more upscale, modern Japanese/Thai/Chinese/etc.. Asian cuisine. The food isn't bad, if you don't mind it with a modern twist.

I'm on their mailing list, mainly because periodically they give out coupons (we love coupons!). I got one just today, and lo and behold, when I opened my e-mail, I saw this image!


The equation under the pie charts is the Schrodinger equation for a free particle! Well, it is missing the Psi(r,t) on the right hand side of the equation, but then again, when was the last time you see such a physics equation on a restaurant coupon?! :)

I wonder if I get a free appetizer if I identify the equation, thus revealing to the restaurant staff what a nerd I am?

Zz.

No comments: